Are you ready to race amongst the elite? Join the Thunderbolt Indoor Karting League to earn your spot as one of Richmond’s finest racers. Held inside Thunderbolt’s state-of-the-art facilities, our league racing is a great opportunity to share your need for speed with other racers in the area.
Open to anyone 60 inches or taller in height, the Thunderbolt league is made up of five preliminary races, followed by a sixth grand finale race.
This year, we’re giving racers the opportunity to pair up with a favorite racer of their choice for two-person teams. But, if you want to fly around the track solo, that’s still a great option as well! For those who do choose to race in a 2-person team, teams will be able to choose which driver will drive in the qualifying race and the points race. And, if your teammate can’t make it to one of the racing nights, it’s ok, you can still race!
So how much does six nights of fast fun cost? The price for the entire 6-race season will be $175 (teams may split this between two people), or $40 at the door on race nights. If you’re on the fence, don’t hesitate! If you want to compete, don’t hesitate. With only 20 spots available, reserved spots are going to fly faster than our karts! Register today by contacting Thunderbolt Indoor Karting in Richmond, VA.
There are only 20 spots available for the season, and it’s best to pre-purchase to guarantee your spot! See more details below:
6:00pm – Registration
6:30pm – Racing Begins
April 3, April 17
May 1, May 15, May 29
June 12 (Championship Night)
FEES AND DETAILS
Pre-purchase 6 nights of league racing for $175
Purchase one league night for $40 per night (drivers can participate in one night or all six)
- Drivers must register in advance, in person or by calling 804-378-6066
- Registration closes three days prior to each league night
- Registration fee includes a Thunderbolt Indoor Karting T-shirt (only for those who register for all 6 league night), a Thunderbolt lanyard for your race profile card, and a Thunderbolt window cling sticker. Team registrations only receive one t-shirt, lanyard, and sticker.
- Drivers can participate in one night or all six
- There are a maximum of ten drivers per division, and up to two divisions in a league
Three races per league night:
- First race is a qualifier based on time
- Second race is a qualifier, start based on the first race – run on a reversed track
- Third race, average start position is based on your first two races; grid start; racing for position (not time)